Product Designer at Bestow
This job is closed
North America • Full-time
Bestow is hiring a remote Product Designer. They are looking for applicants in North America and this is a Full-time position.
Bestow is the leading digital platform for life insurance. As both a direct-to-consumer destination and an infrastructure provider, Bestow is on a mission to make life insurance accessible to millions of underserved families.
We ideate fast, embrace change, and take risks. As a rapidly growing tech startup, we look for the best talent out there and try to stay out of their way. From scaling our business model to expanding our offerings, the day-to-day at Bestow offers endless professional growth opportunities. The people who succeed here look for problems and solutions. They are both passionate about their ideas and open to having their mind changed.
In the end, we value the same things our customers do: family. So we strive for work-life balance and believe happy employees make for better experiences and happier customers. It’s a model that helped us land the #2 spot on Forbes’ Best Startup Employers 2021 list. Boom!
Open to Austin, Dallas or US-based Remote
Our ideal Product Designer is a relentless problem-solver with a passion for innovation. They seek to understand user motivations and strive to create compelling digital experiences to fit. For us, collaborative problem solving is extremely important and we’re seeking a team player who’ll approach this role with gusto.
What you’ll do:
- Solve to unlock scale. You’ll encounter some complex data problems. Simplifying through design will unlock big business value.
- Understand your users' journey. Your ability to translate product requirements, data flows, and user insights into coherent systems and actionable UI will be key for this role.
- Validate feature requests. You'll work closely with your Product Manager and Design Lead to vet the usefulness of proposed features. Once a request is prioritized you'll design and evaluate your solution with user testing.
- Produce high-quality design deliverables. Our team creates artifacts at every phase of the design process. These include schematics, wireframes, low and high-fidelity visual designs, clickable prototypes, and robust documentation.
- Learn and advocate. You’ll be a trusted partner among other bright designers, product managers, and engineers. Learn from your peers, sharing in turn!
What you'll need:
- 2 or more years of industry experience in digital product design or UX design
Ability to define problems and goals, map user flows, prototype interactions, and help oversee the development of your work
- Passion for making complex systems more organized and user-friendly
Strong visual and interaction design abilities and a portfolio that shows it
- Deep empathy for user problems and a desire to create practical solutions
Strong collaboration skills: effective verbal, written, and presentation abilitiesInitiative to identify problems and seek opportunities to improve the product offering
- Proficiency in design software such as Figma, Sketch, or Adobe CC
- Able to create robust, testable prototypes with tools in Figma, Protopie, Axure, or similar
Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Experience with dashboards or internal tools
Working knowledge of design systems and front-end development
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- A degree in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI)/Product Design/Human Factors/Design or related field
We value diversity at Bestow. We hire, recruit, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. We understand the importance of creating a safe and comfortable work environment and encourage individualism and authenticity in every member of our team. Bestow does not sponsor applicants for work visas at this time.
- Zapier Fully RemoteProduct DesignerNorth America • Full-time
- StripeBrand and Marketing DesignerNorth America • Full-time
- Magic LeapLead UX DesignerNorth America • Full-time
- PlaidUX ResearcherNorth America • Full-time
- Visual DesignerUnited States • Full-time
- FigmaBrand Motion DesignerUnited States • Full-time