Product Designer at OpenPhone
Anywhere • Full-time
OpenPhone is hiring a remote Product Designer. They are looking for applicants globally and this is a Full-time position.
For over a decade, business phones have stagnated in functionality and user experience, while the rest of the software ecosystem has continued to evolve rapidly. Often these phone solutions are built around a legacy view of how the phone works, or how people communicate.
OpenPhone is taking advantage of this unique opportunity to bring the business phone out of the stone age, and redefine what a phone can do with a fresh perspective. What we build will set the bar for years to come.
It's a particularly special time to join OpenPhone. We announced our $14M Series A funding round back in November 2020 – led by David Sacks at Craft Ventures, with participation from Y Combinator, Slow Ventures, Kindred Ventures, and a group of incredible angel investors – and are now looking to rapidly grow our team.
As part of this growth, we're looking for a versatile and passionate Product Designer in search of their next challenge. As an early member of our small but mighty design team, you'll have the ability to make a big impact in the way we delight our customers through beautiful product experiences.
Some of the things you’ll do
- Tackle a broad range of projects, from inception to completion, across our desktop and mobile apps.
- Prototype and test out concepts to help validate hypotheses and arrive at the best outcome.
- Sweat the details in everything you design with pixel perfection, leaving nothing up to ambiguity.
- Communicate features and UX flows to the engineering team to ensure a smooth handover.
- Create beautiful product experiences that truly delight our customers and help them grow their businesses.
- Help support and evolve our design systems, component libraries, and product guidelines.
- Roll up your sleeves and get involved, collaborate with the rest of the team, and help us deliver something truly special!
- You have 5+ years of professional design experience, including strong fundamentals across product design, user experience, and visual design.
- You understand the importance of keeping things simple and ensuring nothing gets in the way of the core product experience.
- You’re passionate about what you do, and are dedicated to delivering the highest level of quality in everything you create.
- You're able to stay on top of current design trends and best practices, but also know when to venture off and break the mould.
- You have a flawless attention to detail. Mention the word zesty in your application.
- You're a self-starter and excellent communicator, able to thrive in a fast-paced, remote working environment.
- You can be scrappy and versatile when needed, able to wear many hats and work outside of your comfort zone.
- Bonus points if you have motion design or copywriting skills!
We understand that there's no such thing as a perfect candidate. Above all else, we're looking for people who are passionate and determined, and who are excited to face the challenges of a rapidly growing startup. OpenPhone is a place where you can grow exponentially, and we encourage you to apply to us even if you don't 100% match the exact candidate description.
OpenPhone is a new type of business phone. Our mission is to help people communicate better and be more productive.
We’re backed by Y Combinator and the best venture firms including Craft Ventures, Slow Ventures, Kindred Ventures, and others. We're serving thousands of businesses around the world and growing quickly. We take a lot of pride in providing an exceptional customer experience and a product people love. Our customers rated us #1 on all possible categories on G2 Crowd.
We're a distributed team working from around the world - San Francisco, Seattle, Ottawa, Moscow, Manila, Sydney, and many more.
We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- TixelProduct DesignerAustralia, United Kingdom • Full-time
- BlissbookProduct DesignerAnywhere • Full-time
- PayPalUX ResearcherUnited States • Full-time
- EtsySenior Product Design ManagerUnited States • Full-time
- Slack Remote FirstProduct Design DirectorUnited States • Full-time
- HopinContent DesignerAnywhere • Full-time