Product Design Lead at Buildkite
This job is closed
Australia, New Zealand • Full-time
Buildkite is hiring a remote Product Design Lead. They are looking for applicants in Australasia, Australia and New Zealand.
We are looking for an experienced Product Design Lead to join our key product, Pipelines. You'll be responsible for working within our Pipelines team to design and deliver new features and functionality for our core product. Working alongside Buildkite's Head of Product, you will drive end-to-end product design for product features and improvements while helping to establish and refine design processes for the team. You’ll also play a crucial role in maintaining and evolving Buildkite's cross-product design system and UI elements, helping Buildkite communicate clearly and boldly in a unique and consistent voice.
A typical day for a you might look like:
- Working with the Product Manager on your team to conduct quality user research and understand the pain points behind a new feature in any given space
- Working in Figma to design interactive prototypes, and doing a quick Loom prototype to share it with the team
- Facilitating workshops with teammates to explore a problem space and identify some potential solutions
- Working together with other product designers at Buildkite to foster an environment of creative reflection and design critique
- Collaborating with an engineer on your team to make some minor CSS tweaks to a new screen before the feature is released
What we're looking for:
- You're a born collaborator who listens carefully and communicates clearly
- You are a naturally curious human
- Complex problem solving skills
- You have a fantastic eye for detail and polish
- Proven track record of strong stakeholder management both internally and externally
- Have flexibility and ability to compromise
- Get excited by a new type of CSS property
- Proficiency in developing and presenting visual design stages using tools such as Figma, Adobe and GSuite
- Experience working with design systems
We build tools to help the best software teams stay happy and productive. We’ve rethought how CI/CD should work and have built a platform that is fast, reliable, secure, and is able to scale to the needs of the most demanding high-growth tech companies including Shopify, Pinterest, Wayfair, Cruise, PagerDuty, Culture Amp, and Canva.
Buildkite is a differently shaped company that values work-life balance and supports staff to work the ways that make sense for them. From the beginning, our goal has been to build a company that is people-centered, supportive and just a little bit weird 💚